A new way to address the end-to-end consumption and delivery of goods and services to customers, using appropriate digital technology.
Our Aims & Purpose
- Increased access to ICT in underserved communities.
- Improved digital literacy.
- Improved governance efficiencies – faster transaction times; “no wrong door” for access to Government services.
- Reduced bottlenecks, duplications, and fraud in our public systems for grants and allowances.
- Opportunities for our developers and entrepreneurs – lessening international risks and anchoring our ICT infrastructure at home.
- A strengthened ICT legislative framework – ensuring the protection of all citizens’ rights to privacy and protection.
- A stimulated local economy and reduced reliance on forex for international solutions, creating better value for money.
- Re-establishing Trinidad and Tobago as the local and regional model for digital transformation.
Our Core Values
Instilling hope that we are starting something sustainable that will benefit everyone, so as to revolutionise the way we do business.
Identifying and developing the right skills, abilities and competences within government and society at large to facilitate meaningful contributions.
Being flexible and agile enough to adapt as circumstances change so that we can meet the evolving and specific needs of citizens.
Demonstrating that our digital infrastructure is secure, robust and will withstand cyber attacks and independent scrutiny. Our technology will be known for its reliability and availability.
Emulating what we preach and leading by action.
Encouraging people to always be in the know, to engage and have dialogue with us to help shape and prioritise all that we do.
Adhering to the principles of governance and integrity, and being accountable to citizens so they see all that we do, and what it means for them.